- Blank notecards with envelopes. We found ours in the value section at Michael’s. They had a scalloped edge which added a nice touch.
- Ink pads (we used Studio G) in lime green and other cute colors. These were also in the dollar section.
- Wet wipes for easy finger cleaning between colors.
- Brown and orange felt tipped markers (I had Crayola Super Tips on hand)
- Fine point black pen (My favorite is the Pilot Precise V5)
- Draw a branch on your card using your brown marker. I wanted ours pretty uniform so our branches are basically the same shape. You can be creative, though, and make each one different.
- Have your child place fingerprint leaves on the branches using the green ink pad. Wipe the finger off with a baby wipe. Use one of the other colors (or two) to make birds on the branches.
- Use your markers and pen to draw the “features” on your birds. Be sure to add your child(ren)’s name and the year somewhere on the card.
- Use a pretty ribbon to make your cards look like a gift.