Looking for free crochet cat patterns? These 50 crochet patterns are perfect for the cat lovers in your life. From adorable kittens to cozy cat beds, you’ll love each of these cute crochet cat patterns.
Whether or not you’re a cat person, I’m sure that you have a cat-lover in your life. Want to make something for a kitty lover?
One of these patterns will be purrrfect. Some are for the cat, others are for those who love cats. Either way, they’re all fun and you’ll have a hard time choosing a wonderful pattern from this list because you’ll want to make them all.
After the collection of patterns, I’ll be sharing some cat crochet tips and tricks.
Cat Amigurumi Patterns
All of these adorable patterns are pictured above.
- Easy DIY Crochet Cat Pattern for Beginners – this is a simple pattern! Believe it or not, you’ll make this little guy using mostly single crochet stitches.
- Pusheen Cat Amigurumi Pattern – these cute little kitties would be the perfect gift for the little girls or boys in your life. You don’t need advanced crochet skills to make this fun little pattern.
- Sleepy Cat Crochet Pattern – I love the pointy ears and the long tail on this sweet little cat. Plus a cat in a sweater? ADORABLE!
- Dupling Kitty – this pudgy crochet kitty has a flat base so she can sit wherever you put her. It might be an easy pattern but the results are adorable!
- Little Cat Crochet Pattern – this free cat crochet pattern includes a video tutorial! Crocheters of any skill level will enjoy this one!
- Purple Cat Amigurumi Pattern – this one looks like the coziest cat of all! It’s a bigger cat because it uses bulkier yarn, but you could easily swap that for worsted weight yarn and a smaller crochet hook.
- Itty Bitty “Love Me” Kitty Pattern – if you need a quick kitty, this is the pattern for you!
- Donut Cat Pattern – perhaps the cutest of them all. I can see kids loving to play with a collection of these.
- Small Cat with Joined Legs – I love the girl kitty with the little ruffle skirt. I can’t believe this is a free crochet pattern!
- Large Ami Cat Crochet Pattern – this great pattern from Amigurumi Today might be the most famous of the cute cat crochet patterns!
- Cat Doll in a Sundress – the clothes on this stuffed cat are so adorable! This free pattern is such a fun one.
- Egg Shaped Crochet Cat Pattern – perfect for using up those extra bits of yarn.
Cat Applique Patterns
- Applique Kitty Cat – this kitty crochet pattern is so much fun! Add this small cat to anything from blankets to hats!
- Easy Cat Crochet Tutorial – Beginners will find the video tutorial helpful! The cute pink noses add a little something to these cats.
- C is for Cat Applique – this is just one installment of Sarah Zimmerman’s blog post series (26 Days of Crochet Animal Appliques). This one might just be my favorite.
- Fat Cat Applique Pattern – this crochet cat is perfect for kids’ room decor. Just add him to an embroidery hoop – so cute!
- Cat Applique – use various yarn weights and change the crochet hook size to make different size kitties.
Crochet Patterns Your Kitty Will Love
- Tabby Chic Cat Bed – give your kitty a cozy place to rest in this adorable cat bed!
- Peanuts Cat Couch – use faux fur to create this fun cat couch. Your cat will be living the life of luxury with this one.
- Cat Nest – the English pattern is at the end of the post.
- Kitty Couch – every time I see this kitty couch, it puts a smile on my face.
- Catnip Mouse Toy – your pet will love playing with these cute little fish toys.
- Easy to Crochet Cat Toy – this easy toy is a beginner-friendly project that your cat will love!
- Fishy Cat Toy – a fun pattern your cat will enjoy playing with!
- The Cozy Crochet Cat Bed – let your kitty sleep like a king!
- Katzie’s Cat Rug Pattern – keep cat hair off your couch with this cute little rug.
- Crochet Snuggle Cat Blanket – pretty sure our kitty would love this!
- Crochet Cat Sweater – I have just one question… would a cat really let someone put this on her?
Great Gift Ideas for Your Favorite Cat People
- Cute Crochet Cat Coasters – these coasters would look cute on the coffee table of any cat-lover!
- Cat Butt Coaster Patterns – if your cat-loving friend has a good sense of humor, these will put a smile on his or her face!
- Cat Rug Pattern 1 – Such a cute rug – would make an adorable bath mat!
- Catghan C2C Project – if you have a lot of time on your hands, this would be a labor of love for your cat-loving friends!
- Crochet Cat Face Scrubby – everything looks adorable shaped like a cat head!
- Bitty Kitty Purse – this is perfect for the little cat lovers in your life.
- Crochet Cat Bookmark – such a cute way to keep your place in the book! Easy and quick to make!
- Cat Slouch Hat Crochet Pattern – a fun hat for cat lovers to wear this fall!
- Kitty Cat Poncho – For the die hard cat lovers!
Cat Home Decor Patterns
- Cat Afghan – Put your tapestry crochet skills to the test with this intricate pattern.
- The Purrrrfect Rug – click the black button to be taken to this free crochet pattern.
- Crochet Cat Pillow – put these kitty squares together into one gorgeous pillow. You’ll find the pillow section below the square pattern.
- Crochet Trinket Dish – these little dishes are perfect for collecting keys, rings, and other small trinkets.
- Kitty Toy Crochet Basket – this basket pattern can be downloaded directly from the Yarnspirations website. The end result is a fun storage basket.
- Black Cat Door Stop – this pattern can be downloaded for free right from the Lion Brand website. Obviously, it could be made in many different colors!
BONUS! Paid Patterns You Don’t Want to Miss
While you might prefer free crochet patterns, these patterns were too cute NOT to share!
- Little White Kitten Crochet Pattern – It’s the little blue collar for me.
- Crochet Cat Pattern – the details on these little toy cats is impressive! Look at that little fish cross body bag!
- Easy Sleeping Cat Crochet Pattern – this little kitty would look so cute sleeping on the bookshelf in your favorite corner.
- Calico Cat Pattern – just changing up the colorwork could make this little kitty look like different breeds!
- Cat Flower Headband – this funky little cat headband is sure to be a great conversation starter.
- Cat Head Crochet Pattern – I’d love to add something heavy inside these and turn these into paperweights!
- Crochet Cat Keychain – this little wristlet makes a great, quick gift!
How Do You Crochet a Cat?
There are several ways to crochet a cat. The most common way is to make an amigurumi (stuffed) cat. In amigurumi patterns, you’ll make the body of the cat, stuff it with some sort of filling, and seam your kitty together.
If amigurumi seems a little intimidating, making a cat appliqué is the way to go. These are flat projects that can be attached to items as embellishments.
How Do You Crochet a Cat Plush?
If you want to make a plush cat toy, using a velvet or blanket yarn will help you make the most plush cat possible. Just keep in mind, many of these yarns are bulky so your cat might end up larger than the original pattern.
Plush cats are sure to be great cuddle toys and would make fantastic baby shower gifts.
What Yarn Should I Use for Cat Toys?
Cat people tend to agree that cotton yarn is a good option for cat toys. As one Reddit commenter mentioned, if a cat happens to nibble any of the yarn, at least it’s a natural fiber.
Be sure to supervise your cat while he is playing with crocheted toys 🐱